Will You Dare to Imagine?
- Imagine a day when the walls of your church are as wide as the boundaries of your community.
- Imagine a day when your local government comes to your church for help.
- Imagine a day that puts a smile on the faces of the poor and disadvantaged people in your community.
- Imagine a day when the lonely find they have a friend.
- Imagine a day when the body of Christ across our Nation comes together in one voice of thanks to God for the Nation we live in and the blessings we enjoy in this great Southland of the Holy Spirit.
The National Day of Thanks was originally designed as an opportunity for Australians to celebrate and give thanks for our God given heritage as a nation, and to demonstrate the values of honour, respect, thankfulness and gratitude towards our fellow man. It was intended as a day for Australians to pause as a nation and say Thank You to God, and to each other for those many things we often take for granted, those things that really make our lives worth living. Although we have changed for promoting a National Day this need to express gratitude has not changed. This attitude of gratitude should be a way of life for each of us.
The Bible has a lot to say about being thankful. Have a look at some of these scriptures:
1 Tim 2:1-2; Eph 5:20; 1 Thes 5:16-18; Psalm 136:1-3; Psalm 100:4; Psalm 95:1-3; Psalm 79:13; Psalm 75:1; Psalm 30:11-12; 2 Chron 3:17; Rev 4:9-11.